We are currently working alongside a reputable not-for-profit organisation who are seeking to appoint an experienced Payroll Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis at their office based in Exeter.
Reporting into the Director of Finance, this is an integral role which will require the management of the payroll administration for a large number of employees, as well as assuming responsibility for the maintenance of both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
With a new HR and Payroll system due to be rolled out shortly, this is an excellent opportunity to be instrumental in the support and development of this system to help ensure it meets business needs.
- Administration of all aspects of payroll in accordance with guidance, procedures and legislation.
- Calculation of SMP, SPP, SSP and SAP.
- Administration of Auto Enrolment / Pensions and completion of all related returns and statutory requirements.
- Administration of the maternity / paternity scheme and shared parental leave.
- Production of monthly BACS files and all related reports.
- Recording sickness absence and calculating relevant deductions.
- Dealing with all payroll related queries referring issues to the Director of Finance and Human Resources Manager as appropriate.
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls and adhering to the charities principles and ethics.
Accounts Payable and Receivable:
- Implementing best practice across all ledgers including reviewing aged balances.
- Overseeing the processing and payment of invoices within the required payment terms, including data entry, as necessary.
- Implementing and improving a number of processes across the team including supplier statement reconciliations.
- Operation of credit control processes, to ensure cash is received and transactions managed effectively.
In order to be considered, you will need to have:
- At least 2 years' experience of managing a high-volume and variable payroll in large organisation.
- Strong working knowledge of auto-enrolment, pensions and RTI.
- An excellent working knowledge of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- The ability to review large amounts of data, with exceptional accuracy.
- A positive, proactive and logical approach to work and problem solving along with previous experience of system implementation and process improvements.
- The ability to be able to work autonomously, as well as functioning effectively as part of a small team.
- High levels of professionalism; integrity; discretion and compliance.
- Excellent Excel and general IT skills.