Deputy Head of Accounts
Role: Deputy Head of Accounts
Salary: £35,000- £45,000
4+ Years of Experience in a similar role.
As a Deputy Head of Accounts you will be in charge of assisting the Head of Accounts as well as managing the Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger teas
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the role generally assists the accounts department as necessary, providing any information required by the Finance Director.
The role is generally responsible for the following:
- Bank reconciliations.
- Monitoring the client bank account via the internet throughout the day and advising staff of payments that cane be made
- Transmitting bank transfers and international payments
- Resolving various accounts related queries from staff, from our bankers and other ad hoc queries
- Preparations of ad hoc reports on excel
- Assisting the Head of Accounts with management reports e.g. accounts, cashflows, budgets, etc. throughout the month
- Assisting with the training of Accounts staff in new processes and systems as they arise.
- Assisting with VAT inspections and annual Audit of accounts and filing and archiving of records in preparation of audit.
Typical qualities of a the role include:
- Experience working within an accounts department.
- Accurate and organised with a good eye for detail
- Working well within a team you must also be able to work autonomously and stay focused in an environment that becomes fast-paced at various times during the month.
- Familiar with working in a busy, high volume and professional environment and able to prioritise to work to deadlines and with a degree of flexibility.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings.
- IT literate, with Intermediate Word and Excel skills.
Apply immedidately for interviews.