I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client for an accounts assistant to join the team on a permanent basis. This role will suit somebody studying for their AAT or interested in studying AAT along with a great varied finance role.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Accounts Assistant role is responsible for ensuring all required entries are recorded accurately on customer agreements. This includes completing daily Pay Team tasks, bank reconciliations and sending payment files. Other duties will include ensuring that all third party balances, cashbooks and suspense accounts are kept up to date, requesting loan drawdowns, investigating queries involving reconciliation differences, daily reporting and other ad hoc duties.
* Ensure daily BACS files are sent.
* Ensure daily Faster Payments files are sent.
* Posting customer Debit Card payments on PanCredit system.
* Posting Allpay/Debit Finance Credit files on PanCredit system.
* Ensure refund requisition forms are created from monthly Pay Team reports.
* Ensure PanCredit and CODA Financials suspense reconciliations are performed daily including daily intercompany and control account reconciliations.
* Ensure weekly bank reconciliations are completed for all group companies.
* Ensure the daily clearing of Payment Suspense accounts.
* Ensure the weekly clearing of the Uncleared Payments account.
* Applying proceeds of sale on customer accounts within PanCredit.
* Unwinding new loans in PanCredit.
* Posting Debt Management/Collection payments to PanCredit.
* Post cheque payments to PanCredit.
* Processing the intercompany recharge payments.
* Supporting the Finance team in their preparation of accounts and reporting requirements.
* Requesting drawdowns on company loans to enable payment of customer loans for the week ahead.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
* Recent experience working in a similar role.
* Working knowledge of company systems including Pan Credit and Traffic.
* Knowledge of the Loan Activation process and procedures.
* Analytical and logical approach.
* Good communication skills.
* Consistently meets deadlines.
* Problem solving skills.
* Basic numeracy skills.
* IT literacy skills, mostly in excel.
* Attention to detail and accuracy of work
* Professionalism at all times
* Commercially aware and be able to liaise with staff at all levels of the business
* Proactive and take initiative
* Take responsibility
Training & Education
* Ideally wanting to study AAT, studying AAT, AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
If you feel you have the necessary skills please apply to be considered for the shortlist.