Health, Safety, Security and Assurance (HSSA) Manager - Capital Projects
Due to continued success and growth, Viridor are now looking to recruit an Health, Safety, Security and Assurance (HSSA) Manager - Capital Projects to join our team. This role will require nationwide travel.
Are you an experienced Health and Safety professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
In return for your hard work as our Health, Safety, Security and Assurance (HSSA) Manager - Capital Projects, we can offer a salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Health, Safety, Security and Assurance (HSSA) Manager - Capital Projects:
- NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent
- Relevant additional safety qualifications e.g. PTW/Confined Space/LOTOT
- CMIOSH or member of appropriate safety organization
- Experience of producing policy and procedures and of implementing them into a business
- Full understanding of safety legislation to include the '6 pack’ and other business relevant regulation
- Previous responsibility for delivery of H&S standards in operational environment
Health, Safety, Security and Assurance (HSSA) Manager - Capital Projects Responsibilities include:
- Working with the Head of HSSA (Viridor), lead a team of Advisors and take responsibility for the management of Health, Safety, Security and Assurance for a defined region or business function.
- Manage all the activities of HSSA function in the region/function, maintaining and monitoring HSSA systems and procedures and providing support where necessary across the wider business
- Introduce and implement new methods, techniques and technologies to drive a proactive HSSA management agenda, liaising closely with the businesses to ensure consistency of approach
- Working closely with other HSSA Manager - Capital Projectss & Advisors across the businesses; drive HSSA performance improvement through behavioural change and active promotion of workforce engagement.
- Provide practical advice, guidance and support on all aspects of HSSA in addition to assisting with the development and implementation of effective systems.
- Enable the businesses to comply as a minimum with their statutory duties and Company Policy.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of HSSA Manager - Capital Projects.
Closing Date: 26th February 2018
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.