Technical Sales Engineer
Contract: Full time, permanent, 40 hours per week based out of office in Birmingham. Usually between the hours of 9.00am -5.30pm but the role will require candidates to be flexible in their hours of work.
Our client has been providing highly effective M&E maintenance solutions within the UK for over a decade. Specialising in commercial HVAC building maintenance solutions, they handle a wide range of building issues from general HVAC maintenance to major repairs. Their highly experienced team of technicians and engineers are all certified to repair, install, replace and maintain all commercial HVAC equipment. They have an excellent reputation as the number one HVAC building maintenance & repair specialist in Birmingham, operating 24/7. In addition to providing commercial property maintenance through HVAC repair and compliance they provide a wide range of building fabric repair services including: masonry, carpentry, and decorative work.
Position Summary: Technical Sales Engineer
The ideal candidate is likely to have trained as an apprentice mechanical or electro-mechanical engineer with 4-6 years experience dual skilled in FGAS and ACS having worked in an M&E environment with HVAC system maintenance. Experience as an ex-contracts manager would provide an ideal platform for this role which will allow the successful applicant to further their career in an interesting field of work with a growing company.
The role will based in the West Midlands typically serving an 80 mile radius from Birmingham to Telford, Staffordshire, Gloucester and outside M25 orbital for Luton and Heathrow.
Targeting end users on the maintenance side, the role will require candidates to be flexible in their hours of work.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Take responsibility for all clients in your assigned geographic area;
- Acquire new business for the company;
- Research and identify potential new customers as well as qualifying leads and developing new accounts;
- Maintain customer relationships and manage queries or problems;
- Promote the services and products on offer through the website, direct mail, email, calls and networking;
- Provide clear concise reports to the directors on monthly progress;
- Liaise with clients, members of the team, suppliers and contractors as necessary;
- Assist other departments/areas of the business if required;
- Represent the company at all times in a professional manner and maintain their reputation.
Reporting and contact:
Internal: Report to the Directors, working with: Associates, Project Leaders, Technicians, Engineers and Administrative Staff.
External: Client, Suppliers, Contractors, Design Team Members
Role Summary - Essential skills & experience:
- You will typically have 4 to 6 years' relevant industry experience working in electro mechanical maintenance environments having gained your experience through an apprenticeship (BTEC or National Diploma) in order to meet regulations with HVAC experience and proven track record of success in a similar sales role.
- Ambitious and driven to succeed;
- Able to work independently and under own initiative.
- Hold a full clean UK driving licence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written) at all levels;
- Must be able to work both independently and use initiative to solve problems;
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient time management and prepare reports;
- The ability to work with a team of specialists in a professional, friendly, confident manner and develop client relationships.
- Salary £40K - £49K p.a. plus commission
- Company car with fuel allowance
- Medical insurance
- Death and service benefit
- 25days holiday
- Standard company pension
To apply for the role please send CV and a covering letter FAO Will Todd Senior Consultant REF #TSEMEM
Explaining: why you think you would be suited for the role