E-commerce Product Merchandiser
Beyond Retail is a multi-website online retailer specialising in bathroom, kitchen and heating products for Britain’s homeowners, developers, tradespeople, and landlords.
With 3 category-leading websites and huge potential for continued, substantial growth, this is an excellent time to join us and help with our mission to become a leading international online retailer.
We offer a friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership, and transparency. You’ll be working with an enthusiastic and nerdy bunch who are passionate about digital, technology, and the ongoing success of our websites and the company.
E-commerce Product Merchandiser - The Role
This is an exciting and varied role. Primarily you will be responsible for the preparation and launch of new products across our brands, with duties to include:
- Using your stellar attention to detail to put together complex product import spreadsheets
- Organising and editing product imagery
- Writing informative, persuasive, and SEO-friendly product descriptions, and liaising with freelance content writers on bigger projects
- Ongoing optimisation of products and categories
- Visual merchandising of categories
- Performance analysis with Google Analytics. Which categories and products are underperforming, and why? You should be able to recognise areas that need improving and come up with suggestions on how they can be optimised
- Weekly and monthly reporting on product and category performance
We’re looking for someone who loves data and spreadsheets. Someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset and isn't afraid to take on a challenge. Someone who can actively manage their own workload and understand what needs to be done now and what can wait. Someone with keen attention to detail and enthusiasm for e-commerce.
You’ll ideally have worked within an e-commerce or digital role before, and have the following experience and skills:
- Microsoft Excel - we love a good spreadsheet, and you should too. You’ll need to be comfortable working with large spreadsheets and data sets on a daily basis
- Commercial awareness is key. We’re looking for individuals who understand the basics
- Product data accuracy is our lifeblood, so attention to detail is crucial
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Problem-solving skills, a creative mind, and a drive to get stuff done
- A passion for digital and e-commerce is a must. We’re a geeky bunch, and encourage asking questions, disagreeing lively debate, and new and creative ideas. We also expect our team to keep learning, and allow time each week for relevant training
- Ideally knowledge of and previous experience with Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop, e-commerce platforms (extra points for Magento experience)
This is a fantastic career opportunity to develop in a stimulating and dynamic environment. We’ll give you plenty of in-house training for you to grow and develop our business, as well as time during your week to broaden your digital knowledge. This is a perfect opportunity for ambitious juniors who are looking to further their career within a growing company.
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday - Friday with flexible start/finish times to suit you between the hours of 8am and 6pm. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £23,000 (DOE) plus progression increases, access to internal and external training programmes, 30 days holiday (including bank holidays), a generous pension scheme (we’ll match up to 5% contributions), cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, free tea and proper coffee, fresh fruit, healthy(ish!) snacks, an in house library and gym (gym available in April/May), flexible work hours, free parking, access to an electric car charger and a fantastic office environment.