Location: Whiteley, Hampshire
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a great environment with excellent training and development prospects? Why not join our client, the UK’s leading Telecommunications Company.
About our client:
Our client is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 Businesses. They operate 12 offices across the UK and employs over 400 staff.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015, 2016 & 2017 - the highest accolade from the network.
Main responsibilities of the Credit Controller:
- Prepare and submit Direct Debit collection files via online portal in accordance with strict timetables and deadlines
- Collect BACS report via online portal to determine any failed Direct Debits and take action accordingly to update accounts
- Liaise with internal Billing and Telesales department to resolve queries
- Identify risk indicators of potential bad debts and arrange Suspension and Cease of Lines
- Undertake credit check process and open new customer accounts
- Ensure correct and accurate information on customer accounts is maintained at all times
- Produce collection/chase letters and monthly customer statements
- Prepare weekly credit reports for Financial Controller and Finance Director to review
- Administer copy invoice requests
- Take credit card payments
- Allocate monthly Direct Debit payments on sales ledger
- Take appropriate legal action as a final remedy
- Take ownership of customer payment queries/disputes by working with the relevant departments within the company to resolve and follow up on a regular basis
- Maximise cash flow for the company
- Attend weekly credit control meetings to discuss ledger progress and resolve any collection issues.
The successful Credit Controller will possess the following key skills:
- Previous experience in Credit Control
- Salesforce and Sage X3 experience beneficial
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage and prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication skills are essential (both written and verbal)
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong IT skills, with ability to work on multiple systems
- Takes on and achieves targets and project deadlines, gets work done reliably
- Understands how own role contributes to business objectives and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Delivers against expectations on or ahead of time
- Ability to engage and earn trust of various different teams within the business
- Has strong self-awareness and a keen understanding of how to present themselves and interact appropriately and professionally with other members of staff.
What’s on offer in becoming the Credit Controller?
A competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Free fruit in the office
- Up to 12 paid hours a year ‘My Time’
- Vodafone discount, up to 60% off Samsung products and trade price stock
- Discounted gym membership
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Personal and professional development of staff members
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers.
Due to the high volume of applications, they are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Credit Controller role then please apply now!