Chassis Simulation Engineer
Chassis Simulation Engineer - CHS053
Salary Range: £45,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
A Chassis Simulation Engineer is required with extensive experience as a simulation Engineer within the automotive industry.
This company based in Gaydon requires a Chassis Simulation Engineer with experience as a Control Systems Simulation for a new permanent role. As a Chassis Simulation Engineer you will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Support the generation of vehicle models and tests on vehicle simulators.
- Set up and work with simulators to support Dynamics on specific programmes.
- Complete ride, handling, steering, and braking tests on ADAMS/VI-grade and study the effects of kinematics and compliance under various load conditions.
- Assess effects and suggest any changes required to maintain targets.
- Investigate vehicle dynamics issues arising during development using simulation models.
- Suggest improvements and use measured vehicle data to update models.
- Collaborate to create and develop Chassis control system algorithms in conjunction with system suppliers.
- Ensure harmonised interaction of all Chassis electronically control systems.
- Develop control systems and strategies alongside system suppliers using Vi-Grade, Simulink or other appropriate software.
- Interact with ECU suppliers, Component Engineers, Simulation Team and Dynamics Department.
- Specification and testing of vehicle dynamic-control application software
- Vehicle dynamics control system design
The Chassis Simulation Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- ADAMS CAR training courses completed
- Extensive experience as a simulation Engineer within the automotive industry.
- Extensive experience of ADAMS simulation tools which must include ADAMS CAR.
- Experience of VI-Grade software and CRT
- Experience as a Control Systems Simulation within the automotive industry.
- Co-Simulation integration of active damping and SCS controllers into models.
- Experience of Chassis and EPS software tuning
- Proven capability of studying and understanding K&C data and correlating it with models.
- ADAMS experience with driveline modelling.
- Modelling hydro-mounts and active mounts, tyre modelling
- Software Experience: - Matlab Simulink, VI-Grade car real time, ADAMS, Vector e.g. CANape
- Working knowledge of Altair Hyperworks including Hypergraph.
- Working knowledge of Matlab and VI-Grade.
- Good report writing skills and able to present to technical experts
- Rig test environment experience including vehicle simulators
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of chassis materials to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gaydon based automotive company will offer you:
- £45,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
If you have any questions about the Chassis Simulation Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on