Partner Financial are working with an international agency who are looking to recruit a Management Accountant. The business has developed a very strong reputation over the past 30 years and works across a wide variety of sectors helping the most innovative organisations adapt and thrive in this fast-paced, interconnected and challenging world. Our client is independent and therefore has the freedom to innovate and invest for the long term.
The successful individual will have the opportunity to gain international exposure, working for a business who operate on a global scale. This position will have responsibility for the financial accounting of a variety of European entities and will be reporting directly to the European Finance Director as well as having a dotted line to the Managing Directors of assigned offices.
- Ensuring that all accounting processes are operating effectively for two European entities.
- Managing each entities’ balance sheets, ensuring that all accounts are understood and reconciled each month in an accurate and timely manner.
- Managing month-end close and ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Producing draft P&L’s and balance sheets timely and accurately.
- Ensuring that monthly results are communicated effectively to the relevant Managing Directors’ and that appropriate schedules and reports are shared with external accountants.
- Reconciling the statutory accounts to the management accounts for European entity.
- Ensuring that statutory accounts and tax returns are produced accurately and on time.
- Managing all audits, both internally from a corporate side and externally from tax agencies.
- Ensuring that inter-company reconciliations are maintained each month in an accurate manner.
- Reviewing weekly cashflows for each entity and working with the European Finance Director to ensure that aged debts are collected in a timely basis.
- Managing and controlling overhead costs for assigned offices.
- Assisting with responses to RFP’s.
- Handling client budget tracking as appropriate, ensuring that all project files are adequately maintained as well as overseeing the billing process.
- Coordinating the preparation of all required tax returns for VAT, payroll and other regional taxes with the local accounting team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with relevant industry experience.
- Fluent French language skills are highly desirable.
- The desire to create a culture that drives accuracy and responsibility for meeting tight deadlines.
- A motivated and ambitious individual who is energetic and proactive.
- Demonstrable experience in developing processes and controls in a finance function.
- Experience with US SEC reporting requirements and also US GAAP.
- International experience would be advantageous.
- Experience and practical understanding of financial requirements in various European countries.
- Strong IT skills, including Excel, and experience with NetSuite would be desirable.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Richard Bodles who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.