Car Sales Residual Values Specialist
Hertz started as a 12 car operation in Chicago in 1918, and has since grown into one of the world's leading car rental companies with over 9000 corporate and franchise locations throughout approximately 140 countries. The secret of our success is no secret, really - it lies in providing rewarding career paths, fostering personal achievement and celebrating our collective success. Being a world leader takes talent, a clear vision of the road ahead, a driving passion for excellence, but most of all, great people.
Our European Head Quarters based in Uxbridge (near Heathrow Airport) employs approximately 350 people with over 23 different nationalities and we're currently looking for a Car Sales Residual Values Specailist.
What is the role all about?
Key objective is to manage the forecast Residual Values of Risk Vehicles (current and future values) for all the European Corporate Countries and assist Fleet Planning Managers in evaluating the purchase proposal received from OEMs.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities for the incumbent are to:
Moreover, she/he will ensure the consistency of RVs predictions used for OEM proposals evaluation, for Rotation Planning and as a support for the Pricing activities done by the Remarketing team, considering sales channel mix and expected Vehicle conditions at the moment of sale.
The Car Sales RV Manager Europe will oversee the analytics of Remarketing activities and compare actual RVs achieved vs forecast, continuously refining the quality of forecasted value and provide Fleet acquisition, rotation, and remarketing recommendations based on analytics, including alternative scenarios.
She/He will be working very closely with the Country Fleet Purchasing Directors and Country Fleet Remarketing teams, as well as European leads of Fleet Procurement and Remarketing, and will receive direct guidance from the Senior Director Fleet Planning & Analytics, Europe.
- To identify and select most accurate sources of market RVs and ensure that accuracy level is properly monitored over time and OEM/Models, by Country , To blend all existing data (external and internal) to project the most reliable forecast of the current value of the existing Risk Fleet
- To blend all existing data (external and internal) to project the most reliable forecast of the future value of the existing Risk Fleet.
- To blend all existing data (external and internal) to project the most reliable forecast of the future value of the Vehicles proposed by the OEMs during negotiations, including the best Model/Engine/Trim/Options combinations.
- To make sure the Fleet planning process is carried out considering all forecasted RVs and incorporated into the Business Plan or the monthly Current Estimate
- To participate to Pricing activities performed by the Car Sales teams in country
- To provide current and future (based on expected Holding Period) market value of the current risk fleet to ensure Accounting Book Values of Risk Vehicles are properly updated based on latest RV projections
- To develop and overview what-if scenarios and develop sensitivity analysis to understand the related impact boundaries and provide multiple options to minimize HCU
- To monitor sales execution against Fleet Planning and RV projections
- To support CMS (Contribution Management System) implementation specifically for the RV Curves
- To support European Negotiations decisions with proper use of Analytic tools in order to minimize HCU of Risk Vehicles and support assessment of the BBK/Risk options
- Understand and keep abreast of new tools and forecasting techniques (i.e. canvassing, scrapping, sourcing of data…)
The candidate should be graduated from a business school and/or engineering school/university. Education could also be Statistics, Economics, and Supply Chain, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
No nationality preference but with full command in English, he should have at least 5-years' experience in Analytics in Project Management, Fleet Management, Remarketing/Pricing, Residual Value Forecast. Experience from the Rental or Automotive sector would be appreciated. Any knowledge of ETG/Autovista Data suites and Autofutura tools or similar are considered preferential.
The candidate should demonstrate the following skills:
- Work standards: He/she should be able to set high goals, objectives and standards for self and others.
- Analytical skills: should be able to make thorough analysis of alternative solutions to a problem. At ease with numbers and financials he should be able to talk equally to finance, commercial, operation and legal key partners.
- Impact & Leadership: Should have a strong impact and leadership skills by using appropriate methods and style to get suppliers and team to accept his views, his plans or strategies. He should inspire, give favourable impressions and show self-confidence.
- Energy and tolerance for stress: display a high level of useful activity at work while showing stability in stressful situations or when under pressure or being opposed
- Integrity: should apply strong ethical behaviours and respect social, company an organization norms and rules inside and outside the company.
- Planning & Organization: Establishes standards and takes action to monitor progress, involves effectively team and peers towards committed goals in agreed timeframe. Experience in project management will be a plus.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with excellent career opportunities, training & development, a competitive Incentive package.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this challenging role in an established organisation please APPLY NOW