Job Title: Claims Advocate
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Corporate risk and broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
A Claims Advocate with at least five years’ experience within the Property & Casualty business. Deliver high quality Claims Service to our single client Bechtel, ensuring that Key Client Outcomes are delivered to pre-defined service standards.
- Conduct Risk: To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
Loss Negotiation & Client Management
- Personally accountable for Key Client Outcome (KCO) 5, comprising:
- Claims paid as contract within reasonable time
- Ensure the prompt resolution of market-related loss issues and queries
- Ensure that all broking is prioritised and completed within targets and exceptions monitored and actioned until completion
- Ensure that all financial aspects (including but not limited to Uncorrelated Cash and Bureau debt) are managed and where possible pre-emptive action is taken at an appropriate level to avoid such issues occurring
- Build constructive relationships and lead correspondence with Client and associated underwriters, third parties and service providers, under the guidance of more senior Claims Advocates, and with due reference to the Client Service Proposition initiative
- Negotiate appropriate claims authorities and claims funds with insurers / reinsurers
- Immediate notification to insurers / reinsurers on receipt of advice of claim, responding where required
- Negotiate claims settlements with insurers / reinsurers, based on market knowledge, in order to minimise client loss (leading on contentious claims and with due regard to consequential loss)
- In the event of high profile claims, work closely with Group colleagues and maintain internal and external communications with records of these being made as appropriate
- Travel as required (catastrophe losses or claims reviews)
- Support Sales team in conjunction with Claims Handlers by producing accurate and updated renewal information
- Work with Group colleagues to identify and capitalise on account penetration and cross selling opportunities within the client / prospect base
- Provide input on corrective action required to enhance process performance across Claims areas
- Ensure adherence to standardised Group policies and procedures, including all WEM and other regulatory requirements
- Monitor underwriter / reinsurer and service provider performance and take appropriate action as required to guarantee the client’s best interests
- Provide input to and reference the Willis Quality Index, as appropriate and required
- Provide input to more senior Claims Advocate on BU approach to Client Service Proposition by client stream
- Support more senior Claims Advocate in respect of appraisals and reviews, as required
- Oversee the provision of accurate management information, as required
- Take reasonable steps to support management and the Company in the management of the business risks applicable to area of employment, as set out in the BU risk register
- Participate in loss prevention and claims seminars, as required.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Preferably with relevant professional qualification e.g. (ACII/FCII/CILA)
- Query Management
- Compliance Management
- Organisation and Prioritisations
- Market relationship management
- London Market Negotiation
- Technical knowledge
Required Mind-set and Behaviours:
- Willis Values and Behaviours will underpin all roles and will guide performance criteria
What can we offer you?
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.