ELECTRICAL SITE MANAGER
Vacancy: ELECTRICAL SITE MANAGER
Location: UK (North) travel to site as required
Reports to: Commissioning Manager
The Site Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and reporting of all on site activities. Programme, plan, review and report from receipt of order to final handover to the customer, including Design, Procurement, Delivery, Installation and Commissioning, aiming always to deliver the project within time and on budget. To manage Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
They will oversee the correct installation by sub-contractors and manage any on site issues. Managing and reporting on labour activity, plant hire/use and progress directly to the Project Manager (PM).
- Provide practical technical support to the Project Manager
- Attend regular review meetings and provide update information on all Projects.
- Liaise with contractors, architects, consultants and subcontractors
- Provide electrically qualified assistance to the PM on site, where specialist knowledge of current regulations/ standards is required.
- Provide guidance to the site team on electrical problem solving, agreeing compliant practises, advising on installation issues.
- Take responsibility for all post-order activities
- Ensure excellent planning and communication is in place to execute the project on time and within budget from commencement on site to hand over and completion certificate issued.
- Maximise margins and minimise risk and free of charge work.
- Represent the company with a high level of service and image at all times
- Manage all communication and correspondence strictly within company procedures.
- Demonstrate pro-activity in the promotion of repeat business.
- Maximise margin and minimise risk and free of charge work
- Build effective relationships with other departments in order to maximise additional work and instructions and minimise claims and contra charges.
- At all times act as an ambassador for Health, Safety and Quality
- Manage actions of sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure compliance with H&S legislation and quality requirements.
General Project Management requirements
- To be responsible for programming the company’s works in line with customer requirements, manufacture and sub-contract lead times.
- To collate relevant project information to enable working drawings to be prepared in line with customer’s requirements and liaise with CAD.
- Deal with all post order correspondence to ensure all customer requests are replied to and acted upon. Liaise and co-ordinate with manufacturing, suppliers, subcontractors and commissioning engineers.
- Attend client site meetings as required and ensure all installed works meet standards.
- All handover documentation, e.g. O&M Manuals, Completion Certificates, CDM etc to be prepared and handed over on time.
Site Health and Safety representation
- To act as the company’s Ambassador for Health and Safety on site keeping up to date with H&S legislation, ensuring self and others comply and checking and keeping of records of certification of our subcontractor’s workers.
- All works to be strictly in accordance with the procedures manual. To control the quality of installations, inspecting and providing written reports on the works and products.
- Experience in running multi-trade projects with a multiple product base (i.e. complex projects)
- Site Management/ Supervisor experience within the construction industry
- HSE Aware
- Method Statement Risk Assessment preparation
- MS Office suit user
- ASTA Power Project
- Communication and interpersonal skills used to successfully build rapport
- Full drivers licence
- Quality Control
- Completed apprenticeship
- HNC/ONC qualification
- NVQ Level 3
- First Aid (level 2)
- C&G 2391 Testing & Inspection
- Amendment 3 (2015)
- 17th Edition (as amended)
- Ambitious to develop career
- Considered, thoughtful approach
- Approachable and pro-active
- Displays enthusiasm