Lecturer in Maths Bury St Edmunds - £25,512 - £30,135 depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has become available to join West Suffolk College Maths and English team as a lecturer in Maths.
This opportunity not only offers a very competitive salary range but also an attractive benefits packages which is inclusive of a lucrative pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, free training and also numerous money saving options with local organisations.
- Teach Mathematics Functional Skills/GCSE/Core Maths qualifications to a range of classes across the college, learning centres and workplaces as required.
- Play an active role in the Maths and English delivery team.
- Contribute to regular staff development sessions.
- Act as tutor to Mathematics Functional Skills /GCSE/Core Maths, where relevant and as required.
- Participate in course meetings, curriculum planning and materials development.
- Assist with marketing and publicity of all courses
- Attend parent, career and other evening events as appropriate
- Liaise with schools, moderators, verifiers, assessors, industrial bodies and employers as appropriate
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- A Certificate in Education, PGCE or other higher teaching qualification would be advantageous
- Knowledge of, and the ability to teach, a variety of mathematical topics to a range of abilities and level (including GCSE and/or Functional skills).
- Knowledge and ability to teach maths to L3 would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills.
For more information please contact
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy, please ensure that your CV is up to date and all relevant information to this job role is clearly visible. If you have not heard from myself or one of my colleagues within 7 days of your application please assume your application has not been successful
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 the College operates a policy of equality and diversity which protects employees, students, and people who access the Colleges goods, services and facilities, from discrimination on the basis of a protected characteristics, which include: age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race (colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins.); religion or belief; sex; and sexual orientation.
The College collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal
Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please inform a member of HR.
Closing date: 26th February 2018
Interview date: 05th March 2018