Head of Finance
About the Head of Finance Position
In this business-critical Head of Finance position, you will be responsible for providing financial and commercial leadership to the business, whilst ensuring best practice is applied to the financial accounting, reporting and governance framework.
- Completion of all financial accounting and reporting requirements to a high standard, coupled with ensuring all statutory, group reporting and internal requirements are met
- Responsibility for all governance and compliance matters (legal, statutory, insurance, audit)
- Responsibility for maintaining and further enhancing a strong controls environment, including influencing the business to maintain a high level of internal controls
- Playing a critical role in developing the appropriate strategic initiatives, to ensure that business performance is enhanced
- Providing commercial and operational decision support to the Site Managing Director
- Leading, coaching and developing a small finance to drive a culture of excellence
About the candidate
The ideal candidate will be accustomed to a high-pressure environment while being able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities. He or she will have a proven track record in driving a high performance culture, with excellent leadership and influencing skills. The ability to develop overall business strategy and plans, coupled with "rolling up the sleeves" and getting into the detail, are absolutely essential, giving this individual great scope to set direction for the company's next growth phase. Intellectual rigour and the credibility to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders of the business will ensure success in this role.
This role is suited to a qualified Head of Finance, with a demonstrable background in building a robust financial controls framework, whilst also driving commercial and strategic plans. There is a values based culture, a supportive team environment and ideal for a confident leader with a "hands-on" approach.
If you possess a passion to manage and drive change and want to take a positive step in your career, this is the role for you.
To express your interest, please email why you believe you are right for this role and your CV to