Trainee Technical Support Engineer
Trainee Technical Support Engineer - Telecoms
Reporting to the Head of Technical Support this role is to assist with carrying out of nationwide installations of both cabling, telecommunications and I.T equipment. You will be under the daily support as a trainee on-site engineer and guided by a mixture of senior telecoms engineers in your role of remotely supporting our customers across both I.T and Telecommunications infrastructure.
Based in Norwich office you will be required to attend customer premises on a national basis. When required it may be necessary for you to be away from home overnight (or for extended periods of time). When you are away appropriate hotel accommodation is provided for you at the company's expense along with an allowance of up to £25.00 per night food sustenance allowance.
Key responsibilities and accountability's:
- Core responsibility to assist with installations of telephone systems on customer premises nationwide
- Core responsibility to assist with cabling infrastructure works on customer premises nationwide
- Assist with Technical Support Desk as and when required (when in the Norwich office)
- Assist with customer site visits as and when site visits required to rectify tickets/faults
- Updating of in-house CRM with customer notes/tasks when required
- Liaise with customer throughout fault ticket process to ensure customers are kept informed through to resolution
- It is highly likely you may need to be away from home from time to time whilst supporting installations/faults at customer premises
- Out of hours and/or overtime may be required from time to time
This role would suit someone looking to take their first steps in the tele-communications industry or someone looking for practical working experience on installations at customers premises. Good telephone skills and experience using Microsoft packages to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
This role will involve travel within the UK so must be flexible and able to stay away from home as some weeks could involve 4 / 5 nights. Therefore if you have a regular evening commitment this role will not suit you.
Salary: Flexible on starting salary up to £17,500.00 depending on experience. There is also additional OOH bonus available and overtime payment where applicable
Please note: Due to the high volume of responses received for this role we will not be able to contact applicants directly. If you have not heard from us in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.