Polkadotfrog are looking for a hands on Test Lead manager with 2 years of testing experience to join the Head Office team of a rapidly growing transport data company in Cambridge.
Working in a friendly, creative and challenging environment, the successful candidate will lead and manage a small but growing team of test engineers responsible for the design and implementation of the company’s testing strategy and the development of automated test frameworks for transit data and software products.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be required to:
- Design and implement complex automated frameworks that deliver automated testing of real time data feeds within the company’s transit platform
- Develop frameworks to automate the testing of visualisation products including GUI tests
- Project manage and lead the team providing technical leadership and communication to other parts of the business
- Provide leadership to the team in terms of guidance, decision making, performance reviews, mentoring, career progression and sharing best practice
Must have skills and experience required:
- Development skills in building automated frameworks (Python preferred or similar language)
- Testing of products that provide high availability, real-time API frameworks and services
- Manual and automated testing of front end web applications
- Build systems, continuous integration and release management
- Using Jira or other issue tracking system
- Working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environments
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a technical role
- Strong communicator, problem solver, highly adaptable, multi-tasker
Desirable skills and experience:
- Familiar with transit systems, routing techniques and transit planning
- Familiar with GIS or data visualisation software
- Experience of SoapUI, Selenium and other automated test frameworks, Linux and Qt
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team ASAP.
Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.