Location: Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 1HB
Salary: Competitive salary plus excellent staff benefits
Contract: Full Time, Permanent, 37 hours per week
Benefits include: generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Director to join our firm. Working alongside the Board and reporting directly to the Managing Partner, the Finance Director will be responsible for leading the Finance function and operations of the business and coordinating the management and execution all of the financial strategies, processes and activities within the firm.
My client is a leading independent commercial and private client law firm, representing businesses and individuals in Manchester, Cheshire, the UK, EU and beyond. The firm is based in Altrincham in an affluent area of South Manchester. The firm is going through a continued period of growth and we are looking for a Finance Director to assist with the formulation, refinement and operation of the firm’s strategic business model and to support the attainment of the firm’s financial business objectives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing and mentoring all finance and cashiering personnel.
- Reviewing, assessing, monitoring and refining internal financial procedures and controls.
- Preparing and analysing financial management accounts and ensuring the preparation of all journals and control account reconciliations.
- Preparing and analysing budgets, cash-flow forecasts and general financial management reports.
- Analysing and forecasting firm, departmental and service line performance, identifying and defining and reporting on key performance indicators influencing business performance.
- Developing measures and initiatives to help drive improvement including proactively driving improvements in reporting and challenging existing reports.
- Monitoring cash flow and operation of debt control processes.
- Providing technical financial advice to operational departments with particular reference to the SRA Accounts Rules and Money Laundering Regulations.
- Taking responsibility as the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA) by managing risks to the firm’s delivery of legal services.
- Managing the firm’s relationships with external accountants, tax advisers and auditors and ensuring that essential processes, statutory accounts and member and firm tax returns are completed promptly and effectively.
- Assisting with the review and formulation of the firm’s business structure strategy.
- Attending Board, Partner and other internal meetings within the firm (as required).
- Dealing with other financial and taxation matters concerning the Partners and the Partnership as they arise.
- Chartered Accountant - qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Be able to engage at all levels of the business.
- A flexible approach to fulfilling the duties of the post.
The suitable candidate will have a proven track record of working successfully in a similar role within a professional services environment. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in legal practice finance with a working knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules, although this is not essential.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79970119