Safehands are recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join an established support service in Gloucester, with a great reputation. They are looking for a Deputy Manager to support the registered manger with the day-to-day running of two residential homes.
You will be working in one of a number of Supported Living services supporting adults with a number of different needs including, acquired brain injuries, learning disabilities and dementia. There is a strong emphasis placed on providing suitable activities and supporting the service users to access the community.
This is a full-time and permanent position paying up to £11 per hour; depending on experience and qualifications. You will be contracted 35 hours per week and will be expected to work shifts, including earlies, lates, weekends and waking nights. This will include between 1 and 2 admin days per week on which you will work 9-5.
This company are dedicated to the professional development of their staff and there are opportunities to develop your skills and qualifications at all stages of your career. Full induction and training will be offered and you will have access to QCF/NVQ Levels 3 - 5.
Responsibilities of Deputy Manager:
• Scheduling and rotas.
• Inducting new staff.
• Liaising with external healthcare professionals.
• Recording of daily notes.
• Managing staff performance as delegated by manager.
• Ensuring Care Act observations are planned for every staff member.
• Supporting or facilitating regular staff team meetings.
• Supporting or facilitating regular staff team meetings to support team development.
• Work on shift with service-users in line with Support and Risk Management Plans and any protocols in place as well as in line with company policies and procedures.
Person Specification for Deputy Manager:
• Previous management experience in a care setting.
• An NVQ level 3 or above in health and social care (or equivalent).
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Be a reflective individual that is able to recognise areas for improvement.
• Be a naturally supportive individual that is able to motivate and inspire others.
• Working for a established and supportive organisation.
• Pension scheme.
• Joining bonus.
• Paid annual leave.
• Access to high street discounts.
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Gloucester, is passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to