Procurement Administrator / Junior Purchaser
Procurement Administrator / Trainee Purchaser
- They are a truly fantastic employer, with superb offices and where people actually enjoy going to work (yes it's true!).
- Our creative client is well established, expanding and friendly. They are experts in their field who truly value their staff. They are looking for an enthusiastic Procurement Administrator / Junior Purchaser to join their team
- This varied role’s main responsibilities are to support the procurement team and the general business in procurement administration tasks and company travel requirements.
- There will be opportunities to learn wider purchasing tasks and manage a select product portfolio
- Process requests for company travel, hotel bookings and hire cars as well as ad-hoc requests
- Ensure Estimated time of arrival data is up to date in the system. Assist purchasers to manage exceptions in the form of items on back orders, out of date pricing, changes to availability etc.
- Assist the teams with specific administration support
- Processing and uploading supplier price lists to ensure that the internal system pricing is up to date and accurate.
- Respond to product and order queries from the sales team and wider business in a timely and courteous manner, researching and creating new product item codes in the system.
- Manage the purchasing team shared email box to ensure that communication flows around the business are effective.
- One years’ experience in a business environment, preferably with procurement responsibilities but will consider candidates working in administration or customer facing roles looking to move in to procurement or the IT industry
- Understanding of IT industry or fast moving consumer or manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Commercial acumen, ability to analyse data to make and justify decisions.
- IT skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly, MS Office experience is essential, working knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain knowledge with regards to products and processes.
- Knowledge and interest in PC or Apple products will be beneficial
- A desire to provide great customer service.
- Hard working, structured and organized with an excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to 'think outside the box’ to offer achievable solutions under pressure.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications across all our adverts we are only able to respond to those who have been shortlisted. If you haven't had a response within 48 hrs please assume you have been unsuccessful.