Teaching Assistant - EAL
Teaching Assistant EAL
Are you familiar with a number of cultures and backgrounds? Do you hold experience in assisting pupils with EAL and additional language skills?
If so, we have a wonderful opportunity coming up in a Leeds based school to assist a group of pupils from various backgrounds and countries who need extra support with their language and learning skills.
The role is full time but can be considered for part time applicants and will be to start after half term, ongoing until Summer 2018.
You will be expected to:
- Assist with basic learning during lessons
- Provide pivotal language support to all learners
- Assist the teacher in lesson planning and activities
- Utilise your experience to motivate the children
- Encourage a safe, approachable and welcoming place of learning
- Drive targets and pupil progress in a passionate manner
- Monitor progress and developments
- Communicate with staff, parents and other agencies regarding developments
- Support and provide professional advise to both pupils and parents where need be
To be successful for this role you will need the following skills and experiences:
- Experience with EAL students previously
- Motivated and passionate to see developments in pupils
- Experience in a Primary School previously
- Able to encourage and enthusiastically motivate pupils
- Can communicate well with parents and staff
- Act as a role model for pupils and show reliability at all times
If you feel your skill set and experience match the needs of this role, please apply now with a child based, up to date CV and a member of the Primary Team will be in touch.