SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - (ASPNET, MVC, Web API)
We have an exciting opportunity with a major company with global reach - that develops, sells and delivers award-winning software solutions to the financial sector.
Looking for an experienced Software (ASP.NET/MVC/Web Apps) Developer to join the growing development team based in Wolverhampton.
Working as part of a friendly and knowledgeable development team, the successful candidate will work on a variety of new and existing projects, allowing involvement in the full development life cycle, from conception through to completion.
This role requires excellent problem solving skills and experience in commercial software development.
Reporting to the Head of R&D, and working with the Development Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing the product communications application suite
- Assisting in solving problems for clients, which have been escalated to the Development team
- Working with the Testing team, on test specifications and bug fixing
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience/personal attributes:
- Demonstrable understanding of Object Oriented Design/Programming in a .NET environment.
- Experience working with SQL Server (ability to write stored procedures, triggers, functions, etc).
- Demonstrable understanding and commercial experience with function rich MVC web applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A logical thinker with excellent problem solving ability.
- Methodical, adaptable individual able to work equally well in both R&D and Support streams.
- Proven ability to plan and prioritize work, and to work unsupervised to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Good understanding of full stack development and the Development Life Cycle.
- Understanding of standard design patterns, such as Repository and Dependency Injection.
- Understanding of data access layer implementation and abstraction (Entity Framework for example).
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960136339