Facilities Team Leader
To manage the smooth running of the Facilities Support Team, consisting of 14 people, providing an efficient service within the aims and objectives of the Firm’s strategy and values.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Being responsible for the efficiency of the Facilities team, ensuring staff resource is applied evenly to support all role functions, to deliver outstanding client service. To have sound knowledge of each business support area, to be able to offer assistance if required.
- To be the first point of contact and take responsibility for any facilities related queries for the Norwich office and delegating within the facilities team as needed, and ensuring the customer is kept up-dated and advised of any issues they have raised. Escalate to the Regional Facilities Manager as appropriate.
- Deputise in the absence of the Regional Facilities Manager.
- Provide support to the Regional Facilities Manager in implementing and ensuring compliance with the firm’s health and safety policy. This will include input to the staff induction program, and coordination/undertaking of DSE workstation assessments.
- Attend internal and external supplier meetings as required, to examine and identify existing systems, procedures and standards, offering proposals to resolve identified problems and improve efficiency. Regularly monitor and review service level delivery agreements and escalate any unresolved performance issues to the Regional Facilities Manager.
- Working closely with the Legal Support Manager and IT team when required to understand goals and objectives required to deliver first class support to the teams and staff within the building, i.e. team moves and other changes.
- To have responsibility for the updating of computerised records on the firms intranet and announcements. To ensure all team posted material on the intranet remains valid, and factually accurate.
- Assist with the implementation of the aims and objectives of the Firm’s strategy and values, leading by example.
- Motivate, encourage and train staff where appropriate to encourage better team performance.
- Establishing and promoting the Facilities Team as being a 'key’ operational work area vital to the effective and efficient running of Mills & Reeve.
- Being aware of the needs and requirements of internal clients; and co-operating accordingly.
- Maintain staff rota’s to ensure sickness and holiday absences in the team are covered.
- Be responsible for approving team annual leave requests, taking into consideration other team absences.
- Report all occurrences of sickness or non annual leave absence to HR, and ensure self certification forms are completed by the team member.
- Monitor effective performance of the team in line with the company vision and value.
- Resolving team employee relations issues and escalating to the Regional Facilities Manager as appropriate.
- Conduct annual appraisals, ensuring the level and standards of the centres of excellence are being achieved. Ensure a continual monitoring of objectives agreed by undertaking additional follow-up meetings.
- Accepting responsibility for the training and development of Facilities staff to ensure that they have the skills and knowledge to meet with the job specification and the team aims and objectives.
- To form part of and be available for any out of hours call-outs by the out-sourced security contractor for any incidents or issues and escalate to the Regional Facilities Manager when needed.
- To be diligent in challenging and controlling spend, to keep within budget constraints
- Raising and processing purchase orders and invoices as required
- To be flexibleand take responsibility for delivering first class support to colleagues
- Carrying out any further duties as required by the Firm from time to time
- To be a member of the Business Continuity Team and to help support the implementation of the Business Continuity Plan.