Customs Brokerage Agent
Salary: up to £30k
Hours: 8-4:30, 9-5:30 or 10-6:30
This company are a very successful global logistics company who are looking for an Export Customs Brokerage Agent
Purpose of the role:
Ensure the proper and timely movement and clearance of freight, while providing an exceptional
customer service within the Air Export Department
Duties to Include:
- Ensure smooth and timely customs process flow.
- Ensure accurate and timely client billing.
- Understand all the elements of the import and export customs DLSOP (Desk Level
- Standard Operating Procedure) and correctly interpret this information to fulfill our
- customers' instructions and expectations.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operating system.
- Transpose customs declaration information from documents, or other sources into the
- customs entry system to allow for the build of a valid customs declaration.
- Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to
- the customs authority.
- Track and trace Customs files.
- Interact with customs authorities to address any issues/questions that may arise during
- the clearing process.
- Attend any customs inspections or present documents to customs authorities when such are requested.
- Act as the liaison between the customs authorities (or other government agencies and customers)
- Ensure timely customs clearance of cargo to customer for Import and Export shipments.
- Verify documents received for Import and Export customs purposes are compliant and correct.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
- Contribute to maintain strong relationships with customs officers.
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations (eg. OEA) or customer policies / requirements.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements governing the import and export of goods.
- This includes but is not limited to customs procedures for imports and exports, other government agency requirements i.e. health, agricultural, police and military, export controls and prohibited and restricted goods. Meet KPI standards, as per the company's
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
- Comply with Air Lateral procedures and department KPI's.
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements
- 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good knowledge of customs brokerage process and system essential
- Good knowledge of customs legislation, especially with regards to classification, valuation and origin.
- Understanding of ocean and air documentation process.
- Knowledge of air, road and ocean transport.
- Good knowledge of incoterms
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively
- communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Hazardous Materials certification (preferred).
- Fluent in English.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79968822