Technical Production Operative
A technically minded Production Operative is required to join a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment based in Peterlee. Working on a permanent contract, you will join a true market leader, of whom operate to the highest of precision standards. This company holds excellent opportunities for progression and the achievement of further pay rewards. There also exists an excellent benefits package with this role. This is truly a unique opportunity to be fast tracked within a highly reputable global employer. However, to be successful in this role you must hold a technical/engineering mind-set.
Working with production machines and overseeing the smooth operation of a line, you will set and operate production machinery. Light maintenance duties will form another aspect to your role and you will ensure all components are controlled and quality checked.
- Holding at least an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a Technical/Mechanical discipline, you will be proficient with the use of hand tools and have a sound ability to read engineering drawings.
- A mechanical mindset is very important for this role and a keen interest in mechanics.
- This role requires experience of operating numerous machinery and one given time and a high level of multi-tasking ability.
- Previous experience of working within an automotive manufacturing environment.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines and ensure work is in line with customer requirements.
- With an ability to work to challenging production targets, you will also work at pace, in an efficient manner.
- A motivated and hardworking attitude is essential.
This position commences with a competitive salary and upon the achievement of a successful probation, the salary will increase. Overtime is available as and when required.
This position is a permanent position from day one. Working shifts, you will operate 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm and 11pm-7am rotating. There is also available overtime paid at enhanced rates. The role also comes with up to 20% matched pension (12% employer - 8% employee), 7 x life insurance and 25 days holiday plus statutory.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with the Katherine Rivett to find out more details on this role, she is contactable on or at