Senior Project Manager
Our client are a fast growing digital business.
Due to continued growth they now require a Senior Project Manager to joint the team.
- Act as technical project manager to manage end-to-end implementation for new clients, facilitating system integration, configuration, testing and launch of the company’s SaaS based content-on-demand application.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) regarding methodologies, implementation processes, workflows, timelines and best practices.
- Supervise and provide support, advice, and practical help to individual members of the PMO team, ensuring they can deliver a quality service in line with company processes, industry regulations and PMO best practice.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all relevant areas of the company, and with the appropriate stakeholders within partner/client organisations.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects; develop full scale project plans.
- Develop project methodology, project scopes, goals and deliverables, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools; ensure that key project deliverables and objectives are delivered on time, within scope and within stated financial measures.
- Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders; present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Lead a technical project team within the Operations area, providing support to enable that team to deliver services within the evolving architecture, using best practice project management methodologies, and providing line management to team members.
- Manage team’s workload, ensuring that prioritisation of tasks aligns with defined completion requirements and deadlines.
- Successful delivery of allocated implementation projects, on-time, to budget and to a confirmed level of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Management of workload and meeting of deadlines.
- Professional communication by email, phone and in person.
- Effective co-ordination and development of team members
- Relevant degree (or similar) in computer science or related technology.
- 5+ years’ experience managing web application (e.g. SaaS) implementation/integration projects as a Senior Project Manager, following standard structured process and procedures such as PMI methodology.
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team of Project Managers.
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to work to deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
- Extensive ability to manage multiple clients/projects concurrently.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar application.
- Accreditation in PRINCE2/APM/PMI/Six Sigma or other, certified by Project Management Institute or equivalent.
- Ability to coach inexperienced members of the team and influence department processes with industry best practice.
- Understanding of current cloud and software technology (e.g. Web Services, SaaS, cloud networking, hosting, web services, SQL, systems integration, web security) strongly desired.
- Familiarity with software development methodology and best practices (SDLC, Agile).
- Experience of recruiting new staff.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details and be analytical in your approach to work
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed. Ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Flexibility - able to respond to changing demands and take on additional responsibilities as required.
Excellent package on offer.