This role will perform trainee actuarial responsibilities while in pursuit of an actuarial qualification. Their duties will be related to the development of data, models, tools and processes in order to provide highly accurate data and analyses for use by Actuaries in the evaluation of reserves, financial reporting or the pricing of business
- Calculates actuarial best estimate reserves (loss and premium), planning, and profitability analyses for defined segments of insurance business.
- Performs research, loss emergence studies, and other statistical analyses.
- Ensures that the claims provisioning processes for assigned tasks are appropriately governed in accordance with Group, Regional, and Local regulatory policies.
- Calculates pricing or rate indications for new/renewal business, and assist in price monitoring, planning, and profitability analyses for defined segments of insurance business.
- Performs research, experience studies and other statistical analysis.
- Prepares premium rate filings, schedules of statistics/statistical analyses, and financial statements
- Tests and maintains pricing models and tools.
- Performs experience investigations and data validation.
- Establishes and runs actuarial cash flow models for use in actuarial reporting.
- Provide support for calculation of statutory reserves and financial valuations.
- Provides product development and pricing support.
- Executes and tests pricing models.
Your skills and experience:
- Part-qualified actuary making good progress towards qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics/Statistics, Other Sciences.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to be able to effectively interact and negotiate at all levels.
- Have a good knowledge of actuarial professional guidance and relevant legislation.
- Good knowledge of Insurance finance and corresponding actuarial concepts.
- Good knowledge of actuarial modelling.
- Be numerate with good analytical skills.
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79976366