Software Development Apprentice
Baltic Training Services are proud to be recruiting for a Junior Software Developer to join our clients existing team based in Crewe. This exciting opportunity comes with the growth of our client, who supply software to small businesses throughout the UK.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement. If you are ready to earn more, you are ready to start an apprenticeship with Baltic Training
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Working both as part of a team and on your own to complete developments tasks as required.
- Using coding languages such as HTML & CSS.
- Updating and amending client websites.
- Writing and testing code as part of development projects.
- Growing your knowledge and understanding of the development industry, keeping up to date with all new company products accordingly.
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Software & Web Development
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, maths and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- A passion for Development.
- Knowledge in HTML, CSS, Python or Java would be beneficial.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Technically minded.
The future is bright
Upon completion of the programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £132 per week
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- 28 days annual leave
Location and travel
This role is located in Crewe and is easily accessible by all major public transport routes.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need. So that’s exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79970614