Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
The purpose of this role is to oversee and re-shape the development and management of financial planning across the group and its subsidiary companies.
* Preparation, development and continuous improvement of the Medium Term Plan and planning cycle.
* Creation of Group Performance reports and Group Finance Director reporting with insightful analysis and commentary.
* Preparation of Group forecasts with insightful analysis and commentary.
* Manage a group accounting function with mechanisms to ensure that cash flow is optimised in relation to current needs and reduce the exposure to financial fraud.
* Ensure all statutory and prudential reporting and returns for subsidiaries are completed in accordance with the appropriate timescales.
* Establish and maintain effective control mechanisms to ensure that capital and revenue expenditure across the group is at least contained within budgets and targets.
Key Skills & Experience required:
* Minimum of 10 years' post qualification experience in financial management within the Financial services industry.
* Minimum of 7+ years' direct experience of running operational Finance teams.
* High level of knowledge and experience of accounting legislation and issues for a Life assurance business.
* High level influencing skills with proven success in influencing directors and senior managers in a large financial services business.
* Direct experience of improving operational finance team capabilities, and delivering finance change initiatives.
* Proven commercial awareness and broad business understanding and skills.
* Excellent presentational skills.
* Positive leadership and team building qualities.
* Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal