Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Scope of the Role
To complete the required financial processes as part of preparation and completion of monthly management accounts, but to provide analytical insight and commercial assistance in strategic decision making relating to both the sales & purchasing arenas.
- Preparation and issuing of period end flash on sales & margin, including analysis performance v’s budget and forecast and commentary on all variances
- To provide weekly business performance reporting to the Fresh Direct UK board and Fresh Direct Group CEO & CFO
- To provide weekly trading summaries detailing what has driven performance for the prior period and forecasted position for the following week, period, Y/E
- Preparation of annual Sales and Fresh Trading budgets including detailed analysis of budgets throughout the process alongside board report on the final outcomes
- To facilitate the weekly sales forecasting completed by the sales teams through analysis of anticipated position v’s account management forecasts provided. Additionally providing commentary to the Head of National Accounts on forecasting accuracy
- Delivering financial models to support the tendering process for both new and existing clients (cash flow impact, cost prices, sales prices, cost to serve and detailed scenario analysis)
- To drive data integrity throughout the business by analysis of impact and pro-actively working with the required FD teams to improve areas / processes of weakness
- To provide customer profitability analysis and customer profiling through focussing on the key drivers of customer profitability performance
- To provide supplier profitability analysis and profiling in the same manner as above
- Providing analytical support as required to support key projects and strategies within the Fresh Direct Group
- Provide day to day collaborative analytical support to both the sales and purchasing teams as required to ensure all targets and objectives are met or exceeded.
- Dynamic, creative, resilient, independently driven and engaging individual
- Highly analytical with previous experience analysing commercial data
- A self-starter with strong intellectual curiosity
- Able to work well with other function in the business
- Awareness of commercial & financial processes and a willingness to learn in detail
- Ability to manage and success with multiple priorities independently and decisively
- Able to conceive, progress and manage new initiatives within the business
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to communicate with both specialists and non-specialists
- IT confident with the ability to implement new reporting structures that do not drain resource to complete
- Strong but not unlikeable character who will be able to get the commercial finance voice heard