Accounts Assistant - £23k Wellingborough
Ascendant Recruitment are delighted to be working with a new client who are based in Wellingborough. Our client is looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant for an excellent long term opportunity. This role is being recruited on a temp to perm basis so the client is ideally looking for someone who is immediately available. Salary is negotiable between £21k and £23kpa depending on experience.
- Prepare the Management Pack.
- Process wages payroll on alternate weeks and assist with queries
- Quarterly VAT return preparation & submission
- Set up new customer accounts
- Maintenance of the Fixed Assets Register
- Yearly Fixed Assets Verification
- Standard Accruals and Prepayments
- Creditors Revaluation
- Daily reconciliations including but not limited to Sales and COGS, Suspense account, Stock
- Balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts except AR, AP and Bank.
- Global Integrator submission - tax analysis for E&Y
- Year end audit support to Finance Manager
- Supporting the Finance Manager with internal audit
- Monthly reports produced as per internal and US reporting timetables.
- Year-end schedules and reports produced as per group and audit reporting timetables.
- VAT returns as per statutory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- AAT qualification or part qualified CIMA/ACCA.
- Knowledge of accounting & payroll practices: computer literate.
- High level of numeracy and book keeping skills.
- Practical experience of Accounts/Finance department (relevant VAT legislation) required due to variety of position and reporting demands on the position.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail - accuracy and precision.