Maintenance Engineer - 6 Month Contract
An opportunity has arisen for the position of Maintenance Engineer reporting to the Engineering Manager, working a 3 shift system, Monday to Friday (0600-1400, 1400-2200 & 2200-0600). To maintain in good working order and condition all machinery, buildings and associated equipment used in the production areas:-
Key responsibilities for this post are:
* To carry out planned maintenance procedures as instructed to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
* Breakdown maintenance minimizing downtime.
* To be responsible in ensuring all equipment is safe during and after servicing and whilst it is in use
* To maintain a professional operation, fully meeting all company, customer and legislative standards - primarily safety.
* To keep abreast of best practice and developments inside and outside the company to ensure continuous improvements within the maintenance operation
* To develop and maintain skills necessary to promote a self sufficient engineering unit.
* Apprentice trained, HNC or equivalent qualification in Engineering
* Previous experience of working in a similar environment
* Self motivated
* Good Communicator
* Ability to work on own initiative
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79973273