Interim Finance Analyst
A temporary finance manager is required to join a leading media business to support ensuring the integrity of financial reporting, compliance and corporate policies.
Key month end procedures
- Review of GL postings vs. accounting, calculation of accruals and recharges
- Preparation & upload of journals into the accounting system for review and posting
- Liaison with business departments and intercompany partners to ensure correct accrual amounts, reporting variances to budget and reforecasts
- Preparation and review of monthly trial balances, profit and loss account, cashflow statement and balance sheet.
- Assisting with the quarterly consolidation to Group in Hyperion Financial Management system
- Assisting with the investigation and analysis of monthly performance
- Assisting with of mapping of accounts between local entities and group chart of accounts
- Review of dimension coding of GL postings to ensure reporting in correct profit centres
- Reconciliation of multi-currency balances, ensuring correctness of currency revaluation and translation processes.
- Assisting with month end closing by providing information to shared service function
- Ensure the integrity of the financial and management information
- Support the provision of reports and information requests to Regional Finance Team and internal departments
- Liaison with the shared Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams
- Support the submission of VAT and PAYE returns
- Provide financial support in forecasting, budgeting processes, as well as in ad-hoc analysis if required
- Assistance in statutory and internal audits
This role requires a qualified accountant who has experience working with complex revenue streams, multi-currencies, large volumes of data and complex data sets.