Food Safety Manager
Food Safety Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Our client is a successful forward thinking food products supplier, who are now seeking and experienced and ambitious Food Safety Manager to join their team based in Cheshire.
As Safety Manager you will be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of site HACCP & Pre-requisite programmes to ensure the delivery of legal safe food at all times; whilst working with the Operations & Engineering Departments to eliminate potential food safety risks as well as conducting incident and customer complaint investigations and respond to Customer enquiries in a timely manner.
- Lead HACCP studies & reviews for existing products, new product development and engineering projects, ensuring that all documentation is updated and implemented in preparation for any changes within the manufacturing environment.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of Food Safety, Legality, Quality & HACCP across the business by delivering training and communicating any system changes.
- Conduct Lethality studies and HACCP validation activities.
- Manage the chemical approval and control process for all engineering related chemicals.
- Drive continuous improvement of pre-requisite programmes to ensure food safety compliance
- Lead Allergen control programmes ensuring any changes in requirements are addressed and actions are closed to ensure 100% compliance with regulatory & customer requirements.
- Investigate Food Safety related incidents / complaints / non-conformances identifying root causes and corrective and preventative actions through the implementation of techniques including but not limited to 6 sigma.
- Liaise with external laboratories to ensure analytical testing is completed and trend results accordingly.
- Lead BRC & Customer audits and ensure corrective actions are implemented across the business
- Manage the food safety related holds & release systems communicating to other areas of the business when holds are placed or products released.
- Food Science or Science qualification at Degree level or above.
- Previous experience of working in a FMCG environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of food safety and food safety based audits
- Minimum HACCP Level 3 Qualification
- Comprehensive understanding of COSHH
- Experience in Lean methodologies
- Hands-on approach to working with both Engineers and Operatives
This is an opportunity for someone who takes pride in the important support they provide. You will have an eye for detail and take extra lengths to satisfy the needs of clients. You must be confident, passionate and thrives off working in a fast paced and busy team environment.
For more information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR7451