IT Project Manager
Job title IT Project Manager
Salary: Market Rates
Location: South west UK
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager to join a large, established account and own and deliver projects, ensuring that they conform to customer and Sopra Steria time, cost, quality and revenue specifications and ensure their wider business objectives. You will also carry budgetary responsibility for expenditure of project resources and milestone completion. It is essential that you are capable of obtaining and maintaining government security clearance for this fast paced role.
- Own and deliver projects, ensuring that they conform to customer and Sopra Steria time, cost, quality and revenue specifications and ensure their wider business objectives.
- Understand business drivers and the complexity of the project.
- Support the business proposal activity by facilitating the overall solution design, project approach and leading on the Impact Assessment production.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered in accordance with the Portfolio Governance process.
- Ensure that all projects are appropriately managed and delivered on time / budget / quality within the agreed parameters.
- Select the most suitable project methodology for the delivery e.g. PRINCE2, Agile.
- Understand and manage the client’s expectations.
- Escalate in a timely and appropriate manner any forecast deviation of time, budget, or quality.
- Manage an extended team, agreeing and driving objectives
- Identify lessons to be learned and implement on future projects.
- Maintain agreed financial artefacts on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised to broad objectives.
- Prince2, Agile (Scrum) or equivalent
- Membership of professional body
- IT services background
- Relevant sector experience
- Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges. Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.