The Project Engineer will work with a small team of engineers and technical staff on the design and development of vehicle seating and associated products. Design involves styling considerations, structural requirements, regulatory compliance, production engineering and product testing.
The technical department designs for the company’s own products and focuses on the in-house production capabilities. These include power press components, welding fabrication, flexible foam production, vacuum-formed plastic panels, seat cover manufacture and trim, assembly and packaging
Applicants should have good engineering skills with qualifications/experience equivalent to graduate level, a high standard of 3D modelling (ideally Solidworks software) and a keen interest in product design.
- Research potential products
- Assess regulatory compliance
- Prepare working designs taking account of style and
- Select material specifications
- Assist with the prototype build
- Carry out in-house product testing
- Attend external test facilities
- Modify design as required and produce final product
- Prepare production specifications
Hours of work are: Mon-Fri 8.00am – 5.00pm, lunch 1.00 – 1.30pm
Fri 8.00am – 1.00pm