Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant to join their team in Ellesmere Port. You will be there on a full time permanent basis, and will receive a highly competitive salary.
Purpose of their Management Accountant
You will be responsible for managing, controlling, monitoring and reporting on stock balances held at AOT. Perform and manage the reporting of the financial performance of AOT and reporting to HMRC on fuel duty. You will be responsible for two sites located at AOT and Stanlow. Occasional travel to the office in Motherwell may be required.
Key Responsibilities as their Management Accountant
- Responsibility for month end stock reconciliations and valuations for owned stocks
- Weekly stock reconciliations for both owned and customers stocks
- Managing site duty requirements including W8 reconciliations and HO10 forms
- Maintaining stock ledger, posting stock receipts, purchase ledger and variances
- Ownership of the stock accounting process, ongoing maintenance and monthly reconciliation of stock
- Involvement in weekly, monthly and annual reporting and reconciliation processes
- Involvement in month end processes including relevant balance sheet account reconciliations
- Work alongside Operations and Sales to answer stock related querie
- Assist with the annual external audit and formation of annual accounts
- Other support in relation to AOT accounting as and when required
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
Skills and Experience required to become their Management Accountant:
-CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Stock management and accounting experience
- HMRC fuel duty settlement experience
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Management Accountant then please click 'apply’ now! They would love to hear from you!