HGV Mechanic- Tewkesbury
We are a leading refrigerated vehicle rental company, with extensive operations both in the UK and across Europe and North Africa. Our fleet ranges from small refrigerated vans to larger vans, up to tractor units and trailers.
The role will require some work on weekend days, and you will be expected to join our out-of-hours call out service on a rota basis, to respond to breakdowns.
In return the company provides a package that includes 5 weeks holiday plus the 8 normal bank holidays, with the opportunity to earn up to 1 week of additional holiday based on length of service within the Company. As a progressive company, we also offer the opportunity to gain skills through additional training.
The outline job description for the role is as follows :
Job Title Mechanic Reporting to Workshop Foreman / Workshop Manager
Summary of the role's main purpose
Call out on weekly rota required
To achieve high productivity and quality within ICME time repair environment, whilst adhering to Company strategy and procedures.To provide a safe working environment, and the provision of a well maintained internal vehicle fleet.
- To ensure all service and inspection documentation is correctly completed.
- Management of individual workload and job assignment.
- Accurate completion of job sheets and quantification of time.
- Use of workshop equipment in a correct manner.
- Contribute towards effective "preventative maintenance".
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Correctly record the use of parts.
- Supply own tools as specified from the Company.
- Complete all work to a "right first time standard".
- Prepare and submit vehicles to a standard appropriate for the issuing of an annual test certificate.
- Communicate accurately with Foreman / Manager as to Work in Progress and any anticipated delays or issues.
- Ensure that knowledge is in line with modern technologies and developments applicable to the role.
- Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Measures of Success
- Achievement of expectations in line with the Petit Forestier Procedures.
- High "first time fix" rates.
- Achievement of 100% Vehicle Inspections.
- Measured Productivity, Quality and Efficiency.
- Customer Satisfaction Index.
- Record of ongoing personal development.
- Resources Available to the Job-Holder
- Workshop facility.
- Relevant in-house training.
Level of Decision-Making Authority
- Technical recommendations.
- Planning and executing vehicle inspection, service and repairs and accountability for results.
Key Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of current vehicle operating systems and maintenance.
Core Areas of Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of mechanics & electrics.
- Full Driving Licence (preferably including full HGV entitlements).
- Appropriate technical qualifications.
- Excellent understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Planning and time management.
- Apprenticeship training as commercial fitter.
- Experience as a mechanic in a commercial vehicle environment.
- City & Guilds levels 1 and 2.
- Excellent knowledge of transport refrigeration.
- Experience of training apprentices.
- Knowledge of Transportation and Logistics industry.
- Strong PC literacy.
- Understanding of vehicle maintenance.
- Refrigeration experience.
- City & Guilds level 3.