A position has come up for a Level 3 Nursery Nurse to join a wonderful Primary School in the West Leeds area. This school is a well established setting and is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Nursery Nurse who can take on the role to start as soon as possible and continue until April Half Term.
- NNEB or Level 3 in Childcare or Degree in Early Years
- Qualified Early Years Practitioner (EYP or EYT) or Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) for Early Years Foundation stage
- Post qualifying experience in a leadership role
- Experience in a Nusrery Nurse role previously
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Nursery.
- To give support to other staff within the Nursery.
- Overall management responsibility for the Nursery.
- Setting and implementing objectives and policies for the Nursery within the framework of the management committee.
- To be responsible for the supervision of students, identifying their learning needs and advise key-staff of these.
- In conjunction with the other staff, to formulate, operate and evaluate a yearly programme of activities, following the guidelines of the National Curriculum, that is suitable to the age range of children.
- To assist in promoting Equal Opportunities throughout the Nursery.
- To work alongside the parents/carers of special needs children to achieve full integration.
- Identify the physical, emotional, intellectual and developmental needs of children with special needs and offer support and relevant developmental opportunities.
- Liase with and support parents/carers and other family members.
- Liase with the Local authority and other professionals associated.
- Undertake other duties as may be requested from time to time.
If you thinky our skill set and experiences are a match for this role, please apply now with an up to date CV and a member of the Primary team will be in touch to discuss.