Group Tax Accountant
My client is a well-known, nationally established FMCG Business in Cardiff.
- To ensure the VAT processes are carried out in an effective and efficient manner, to include preparing company VAT workings, reconciliations and incorporation into the VAT returns for the group.
- To monitor transactional VAT compliance and effect change where required
- To populate and transmit Intrastat and EC sales lists
- To prepare all VAT payments by the required deadlines
- To prepare balance sheet reconciliations of all VAT accounts
- Continual development of controls in the VAT return process
- Prepare the corporate tax returns and computations. In addition you will respond to queries in a timely manner and assist in year-end consolidations
- Ensuring full adherence to HMRC deadlines
- A background in tax accounting, you will be a proactive individual with a 'can-do' attitude and the ability to prioritise in a fast paced environment
- You will be technically proficient in UK VAT matters.
- You will ideally have relevant VAT knowledge from working in practice or from a similar role.
- You will be a self starter who can work on their own initiative but equally as part of a wider finance team.
- You will be a team player working for the collective goal of timely and accurate management accounts
- The role will require the individual to be either ACA or CTA qualified or part qualified with further training to be provided
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79857434