Facade Engineer, London
We are the leading international façade consulting firm. With a long-standing reputation of delivering innovative tailored solutions in a range of consultancy markets that include façade design and engineering, building physics, acoustics and lighting; Inhabit is known for consistently excellent results.
Our office in London is undertaking new projects with some of London’s most prestigious and well respected architecture firms and clients. Due to continued growth, we now are seeking a Façade Engineer to join our close-knit team, reporting to our Technical Director in London.
This role will suit a highly organised, proactive and enthusiastic individual with knowledge and experience in the following fields: glass, balustrades, curtain wall systems, window wall systems, glazing, fixings, aluminium, precast concrete, architectural steel, lightweight structures and stone cladding.
About the Role
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out design engineering for façade and build-ability consultancy, including material knowledge and installation techniques
- Perform detailed engineering computations and structural façade analysis
- Provide façade design advice and reporting to clients on buildings projects
- Accountable for all façade documentation including calculations, drawings and specifications
- Review contractor submissions; shop drawings and calculations
- Project management and administration
- Drafting and preparing architectural façade details for import into Therm 7.2 software
- 1D, 2D and 3D Thermal heat loss analysis (Average U-values, Centre Pane U-values and Point/Interface losses)
- 1D and 2D Condensation analysis (Surface and interstitial condensation both steady state and yearly analysis)
- Assist in preparing tender submissions, presentations and fee proposals liaising and integrating other disciplines as appropriate
- Attend inspections during construction, installation and fabrication as required
- Communicate with design team as well as work autonomously
- Build and maintain relationships with clients on projects and develop contacts within the façade industry
- Liaise with peers and other disciplines within the Group as required
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil/Structures), Architectural Engineering or similar
- Proven experience in Façade design engineering within a façade consultancy or façade contractor. Local experience ideal
- Must be experienced in façade system design and reviewing of drawing submissions
- 2+ years' experience with a facade contractor or consultancy
- Familiar with relevant local codes and standards related to facades
- Proficiency in relevant façade & structural finite element software e.g. Strand7, Mepla
- Experience in producing and reviewing calculations for various Façade elements and writing documentation at the different stages of a project
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Proactive, demonstrate initiative, focus and a strong commitment to your profession
- Able to work independently with some supervision where required
- High proficiency in MS Office
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and please include a covering letter addressing the above position criteria, supporting documents & CV.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and skills of the successful candidate.
We would like to thank all the candidates for their interest, but only shortlisted candidates canbe contacted.
Please no agencies.