MOT Tester and Light Vehicle Technician
Repps Garage are looking for a full-time MOT Tester and Light Vehicle Technician to join their family run MOT, service and repair garage.
40 hours per week: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5.30pm with a 1 hour unpaid lunch.
3 hours alternative Saturdays (overtime): 9:00am to 12:00pm.
Rate: £9.00 to £12.00 per hour dependant on experience. Overtime: time and ½ per hour
Experience of working within the motor industry is essential along with a valid Class IV MOT licence.
1) Undertake Class IV MOT tests.
2) Undertake routine servicing of vehicles.
3) Diagnose and undertake general repairs to vehicles including MOT repairs.
4) Performing diagnostic investigations into vehicle electrical system faults, such as ABS systems, DPF systems and providing reports on faults found.
5) Undertake welding repairs to vehicles.
6) Undertake air-conditioning system servicing and repairs – only if F-Gas certified, training provided if not.
7) Greet customers and make them feel welcome and when required:
i. Gather information from customers such as contact details, issues/symptoms with their vehicles.
ii. Take bookings, issue invoices and contacting customers when their vehicles are ready for collection.
iii. Obtaining estimates and ordering car parts from suppliers.
iv. Undertake any other duties as may be reasonable, and which are compatible with the role.
1) NVQ level 3 or equivalent / Time served experience.
2) A valid Class IV MOT testing licence.
3) Completed year 1 mandatory MOT training with certificate/evidence.
4) A Full UK driving license with no more than 6 points (you will be subject to licence checks).
5) Experience in a professional workshop environment.
6) Good attention to detail.
7) Ability to work as part of a team and by own initiative.
8) Own tools.
1) F-Gas trained with certificate.
2) Confident telephone manner.
3) Computer skills.
4) Customer service experience.
5) Ability to deal with shifting priorities.