Engineering Operations Manager
Join a world renowned global business employing over 10000 staff worldwide heading up one of their most technically challenging manufacturing processes.
Michael Page has been engaged by one of our key clients who supply industrial products to a range of industries including Steel Manufacturing, Medical devices and General Manufacturing. Working out of a number of manufacturing hubs across the UK and globally this business leads their market and has an exceptional reputation for engineering and product excellence. They are now looking to bring an Engineering Operations Manager on board to fill a position left vacant after an internal promotion.
As the Engineering Operations Manager you will report into the special products production director who will be at the NE Lincolnshire site 1 or 2 days per week, you will be expected to run the site autonomously apart from then.
The Engineering Operations Manager will:
- Provide mentorship and management in the growth of individuals and teams
- Organise and plan activities to give structure that delivers on specific targets, including setting budgets
- Delivering of process safety requirements and interfacing with the HSE and EA authorities
- Delivery and planning of CAPEX and other projects to update the site
- Being part of the management team that will drive forward continuous improvement across all aspects of people, safety, efficiency, financial performance and customer service
The Engineering Operations Manager is a senior position on a top tier COMAH site. You will lead with passion, overcome obstacles to build pride to improve the quality of workplace and drive a focus on customer service and efficiency gains. You will be a confident leader and a capable engineer.
The Ideal Engineering Operations Manager will:
- Hold a degree in engineering, preferably to chartered status
- Have at least a NEBOSH Qualification
- Have experience leading engineering or operations team on a safety controlled site (preferably COMAH)
- Hold demonstrable experience of leading within a Trade Unionised environment
Competitive plus package
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960134842