Claims Handler (Commercial)
Job Title: Claims Handler (Commercial)
Job Sector: General Insurance
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £30,000 p.a (DOE)
Job Reference: SS/J019911
About the Company:
One of the largest, independent, award winning South West based insurance brokers. They have a modern and dynamic approach, keeping the customer as their focus. Always.
About the Role:
Working as the sole Claims Handler within the office, you will be responsible for handling around 500 claims per year from cradle to grave, offering your clients the most accurate, efficient and professional service at all times.
The majority of claims will be property related, however there will be other types of claims you will be involved in.
Specific duties will include;
- Providing a proactive and responsive claims service to clients keeping them informed of progress.
- Dealing with various commercial products.
- Producing accurate and timely documents for all aspects of the claims process.
- Negotiating with insurers on behalf of the client.
- Promptly escalating any issues that may prevent a claim being settled fairly (including validity of the claim).
- Chasing insurers and supplier to expedite claims progress and settlement.
- Maintaining accurate claims records and files.
- Up selling and cross selling of company products if the opportunity arises.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Previous claims experience - ideally commercial, however household claims will be considered.
- Confident, team player.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to build and maintain long lasting relationships with clients and insurers.
- Positive and professional attitude.
A generous salary dependent on experience up to £30,000 p.a (DOE)
Comprehensive benefits package
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.