Accounts Assistant - CIMA study support
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a leading Leeds employer within a varied role allowing multi team liaison. The client will also offer study support towards a CIMA qualification only.
As the candidate will work in a number of departments the examples below show some of the key accountabilities.
- Providing information to support the Month End Reporting Cycle
- Aiding the production of Management Reporting
- Aid with variance analysis of revenues and costs and follow variances through to recovery
- Understand the sales order book and maintain any data discrepancies
- Understanding our cost data, industry data flows and volumes.
- Operate a settlements and invoice validation process
- Process Purchase Ledger invoices and credit notes ensuring suppliers are paid to terms and accounts are reconciled with issues resolved, including historic items
- Maintain process documentation for processes within the role
- Identification of gross margin variances
- Accurate order book analysis.
- Successful validation of supplier invoices
- Submission of accounting accruals, prepayments, & provisions
- Maintaining the Purchase/Sales/Nominal ledger
If you hold at least 6 months experience within an Accounts role with the ability to work to deadlines and can demonstrate cross-team communication please apply today.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting (or similar) degree and be actively (or intend to begin) studying for a recognised professional accountancy qualification.
During the role the candidate will progressively pass recognised accountancy exams and should have gained an accountancy qualification within 4 years of their appointment within the training contract period.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.