Temporary Digital Marketing Manager Maternity Cover
Temporary Digital Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
Location: London (Chiswick)
Salary: Circa £30,000 per annum
Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) is a specialist awarding organisation (AO) and current market leader in the Hair and Beauty sectors. Launched in 1962, it offers vocational and technical qualifications, including apprenticeships, in a range of service sectors.
More than 1,700 approved centres work with VTCT, and the ever-expanding list extends across the UK, Ireland, and the rest of the world. Its acquisition of the internationally recognised examination board ITEC and education technology specialists Digital Assess, in 2016, added to VTCT’s specialist offering.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Manager will take the lead in planning, developing, executing and reviewing all digital-related marketing and internal communications activities across the group.
Principal Accountabilities include:
• Progress the development of the company’s digital presence across all platforms and ensure all activity is optimised for digital and other social channels.
• Maintain the company website ensuring the content is up-to-date and relevant including menus. Increase website visibility on search engines, and manage Google listings.
• Work closely with Head of Marketing and the Business Development teams to ensure the digital marketing mix is embedded into the UK and international sales and marketing planning process.
• Work alongside the wider-marketing team to ensure consistency across the channels and to share digital best practices in order to maximise response rates, customer engagement, and retention.
• Keep the leadership team aware of campaign performance and key issues by producing monthly reports on digital impact to include key website, email and social media statistics tracking month on month and year on year data.
• Develop and communicate realistic and achievable forecasts and budgets relating specifically to Digital Marketing activity.
• Support the sales team with digital marketing to deliver the team’s market awareness and sales goals in line with the overall Commercial plans.
• Work with suppliers to ensure campaigns are delivered on time, monitored and optimised. Ensure that supplier performance is regularly reviewed and issues shared with the Head of Marketing in a timely manner.
We are seeking candidates with:
• A detailed understanding of SEO, PPC, social media and e-mail marketing strategies, Google Analytics and other metrics dashboards.
• Experience with digital and online publications.
• First class digital copywriting skills with a commitment to quality and a keen eye for detail.
• Proactive self-starter with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
• Ability to prioritise and handle multiple requests concurrently.
• A team player who enjoys contact with lots of people with ambition and determination to deliver results, as well as the ability to work autonomously.
• A desire to do well and develop in a digital marketing environment
• Experience in administering and maintaining websites and other social media channels in a blue chip service environment and a track record of delivering successful digital campaigns.
• Knowledge of latest digital marketing best practice and trends, and an ability to translate that into working procedures relevant for our business and industry/market.
• Degree in Marketing, or comparable Digital Marketing qualification
Based in our Chiswick Office, this full-time maternity cover post attracts a generous package of terms and conditions including pro rata 25 days holiday per annum and a group stakeholder pension.
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send us your details via 'Apply’ where you will be asked to provide a comprehensive CV including full work and educational history.
We are seeking to fill the role as soon as possible, so applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Final closing date: 4pm on Thursday 15 February 2018
The group of VTCT companies includes: the charity VTCT through which main Board business and governance is transacted; Digital Assess Software Ltd which is a wholly owned trading subsidiary of VTCT; and EMS Ltd, t/a ITEC, a wholly owned trading subsidiary of VTCT.