International Management Accountant
Hudson is delighted to working with a trusted client in the renewable energy space. The business has clear mission : to make a meaningful difference in the fight against climate change through the widespread adoption of alternative energy sources. They are a big believer in helping solar change our world for the better and contribute 5% of our net profits every year to charity, which aims to eradicate kerosene lamps from Africa by 2020. The business is global and growing, with offices in the UK, the Netherlands, Kenya, South Africa, Chile, Panama and Mexico; with representation in Germany, France and Spain.
We are looking for an ambitious finance professional to work within our London based Head Office. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who wants to work within a high achieving environment that will offer a long-standing career and progression opportunities.
Reporting to the International Financial Controller, the International Management Accountant will support the International Financial Controller in all aspects of the day to day financial control of the Group international operating companies and / or project SPV's. As of January 2018, the Group international operating companies include the Netherlands, Belgium, Panama, Chile, Mexico, South Africa and Kenya and the Group international SPV's are in Europe and Latin America. Further expansion in Europe, Latin America and Africa is envisaged as part of the current 5-year business plan.
International Management Accountant
- Processing of the day to day transactions, including banking, treasury, accounts receivable and payable functions
- Preparation of project / contract data for revenue and cost recognition recording purposes
- Preparation of contract-related balances (deferred revenue, WIP and accruals)
- Preparation of management accounts, including income statement, balance sheet, and variance analysis
- Production of detailed monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local fiscal requirements to include, as appropriate, VAT / PAYE / indirect taxes, withholding taxes, corporate taxes and duties
- Adherence to the month end close process and ensuring reporting deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Assist with the annual audit process including the preparation of all relevant audit and tax information and liaising with the Group auditors
- Provide support with the due diligence process for the project SPV's
- To assist with systems improvement and develop internal reporting to improve management information
- Support both central and local operational staff, particularly members of the project management team
- Working closely as a business partner with the divisional heads, including interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- To work with the divisional heads to identify the key risks and opportunities, issues, trends and potential alternatives within the business to improve profitability
- Other ad-hoc tasks as requested by the International Financial Controller
Key Relationships and Contacts
Internal, both central and local
- Finance team
- Outsourced providers / professional advisors
- Office team members (development, project management, sales, sales support)
- Logistics / operations staff
Qualifications and experience:
- Part qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA with relevant management accounting experience
- Experience in either project (construction and/or development) accounting
- Ability to deal with multiple companies and multiple currency experience, preferably from an SPV background
- Experience reconciling intercompany transactions
- Attention to detail and the desire to develop and improve systems and processes
- Flexible, proactive and self-motivated with excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to negotiate and build relationships across the wider business
- Team player, ability to work independently, under pressure and to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Shows adaptability, deal constructively with pressure and prioritising tasks in the right order
- Experience of working with the Navision accounting system is desirable
- Intermediate excel skills, must be comfortable producing reports using Vlookup and Pivot Table functionality in Excel
- French speaker desirable
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.