Premier Group is one of the UK's leading agencies, offering high quality recruitment services to the whole of the offices in Reading, London, Birmingham and Manchester, including a recently opened office in New York.
We focus on delivering a comprehensive recruitment solution across the IT, Digital and Engineering sectors, keeping the entire process of hiring staff as smooth and efficient as possible.
Each of our offices have multiple examples of people that have started off at entry level and have gone on to achieve greatness with the support of the business.
Credit Controller -
Working alongside another Credit Controller
Reports to Financal Controller
Located in central Reading (5 minutes from the train station)
Salary is between £22-24k
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm (37.5hrs per week)
Scope of Responsibility -
W require the Credit Controller to have a good level of literacy, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a professional approach to work and a willingness to learn. The Credit Controller will need to be someone who is highly organised and able to multi task. Computer literacy is essential including a good knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Applicants must have previous Credit Control experience & be familiar with Sage or similar accounting
Credit check new contractor accounts at the request of consultantso multi task. Computer literacy is essential including a good knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Applicants must have previous Credit Control experience & be familiar with Sage or similar accounting software.
Main Duties & Key Tasks -
- Chasing of overdue accounts to obtain payment dates and maintaining the call logs on.
- Deal with queries relating to the overdue accounts.
- Allocate customers receipts on sage on a daily basis and reconcile all receipts to bank on a monthly basis.
- Review credit reports and set credit limits.
- Send 7 day letters and notice of legal action.
- Submit accounts for court action through MCOL (Money Claims Online website for legal recovery)
- Raise and send invoices and credit note to Client
- Obtain PO numbers to enable invoices to be raised and paid by clients
- Update reports and email directors and team on permanent cash remittances
- Able to communicate/escalate issues openly to management and relevant sales consultants
- Able to work through problems alone, and summarise issues to others to help where needed
- Ability to prioritise cash collections and demands from consultants
- Excellent telephone manner with customers - courteous, firm and good at explaining issues
- Experience in dealing with very old and/or complex queries
- Excel - medium level - ability to understand spreadsheets, but not necessarily to build spreadsheets
- Recruitment/equivalent fast past working environment experience
- Any ad hoc duties assigned by line Manager
Premier are acting as an employment agency