Junior Purchaser - IT
Junior Purchaser / Junior Buyer
- They are a truly fantastic employer, with superb offices and where people actually enjoy going to work (yes it's true!).
- Our creative client is well established, expanding and friendly. They are experts in their field who truly value their staff.
- They are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Purchaser / Buyer to join their team.
- This varied role’s main responsibilities are purchasing responsibility for an expanding product portfolio that includes a wide range of PC & mobile hardware, software, accessories and peripherals.
- Purchasing of a varied product portfolio in conjunction with the product managers, ensuring stock availability is maintained and that products and software licenses are delivered accurately to customers.
- Respond to product and order queries from the sales team and wider business in a timely and courteous manner, researching and creating new product Item codes in the ERP system.
- Gaining preferential pricing from suppliers for special projects.
- Work with the supply chain to manage lead times, back orders and supply issues whilst forming strong supplier relationships.
- Product manage a small portfolio of fast moving consumable products, ensuring stock availability and web accuracy.
- Manage exceptions in the form of items on back orders, out of date pricing etc.
- Resolving stock issues, returns to suppliers and invoice queries.
- Assisting the wider purchasing and product management team with cover and assistance as required.
- Two years experience in a procurement role. Some product management responsibilities would be advantageous.
- Experience of dealing with demanding customers and suppliers
- Understanding of IT industry or fast moving consumer or manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Proven, strong negotiation skills.
- Commercial acumen is essential, with the ability to analyse data to make and justify decisions.
- IT skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly, MS Office experience is essential, working knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain knowledge with regards to products and processes.
- Knowledge and interest in PC or Apple products will be beneficial.
- A desire to provide great customer service.
- Hard working, structured and organized with an excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to 'think outside the box’ to offer achievable solutions under pressure.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications across all our adverts we are only able to respond to those who have been shortlisted. If you haven't had a response within 48 hrs please assume you have been unsuccessful.