£28,000 - £30,000 + 10% bonus + fantastic holiday allowance and benefits package
Job ref: 917996
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Procurement Officer to join their highly reputable company. This is a really exciting Procurement Officer role assisting the Procurement Manager.
As Procurement Officer your responsibilities would consist of:
- Identifying, negotiating and implementing contract & framework agreements
- Maintaining accurate auditable records of all procurement process which result in high process compliance.
- Planning and engaging with stakeholders to understand their requirements and with suppliers to develop a profile of delivery capability
- Conducting efficient and collaborative procurement which is corporately compliant
- Building supplier, category and market understanding through performance management, research and stakeholder briefings which result in the management of commercial issues.
- Ensuring that the Procurement policies and processes are fully adhered to and enforced
- Assisting the Procurement Manager as and when required.
Skills and required experience:
- Full or Part CIPS qualified.
- 3+ year experience in Procurement role.
- Experience within procurement of services
- IT competence (Word, Excel, Internet)
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills, including computer literacy
- Experience of procurement led activities i.e. tender process, supplier relationships, contract management
- Experience of tracking and dealing with enquiries and working to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills including prioritising workload
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Contract and supplier relationship management
- Strong team player and approachable personality
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise own work and perform under pressure, meet deadlines and be resilient
- Ability to recognise and suggest improved ways of working
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
Key words: procurement, contract manager, CIPS