Group Reporting Manager
Hudson is delighted to working with a trusted client in the renewable energy space. The business has clear mission : to make a meaningful difference in the fight against climate change through the widespread adoption of alternative energy sources. They are a big believer in helping solar change our world for the better and contribute 5% of our net profits every year to charity, which aims to eradicate kerosene lamps from Africa by 2020. The business is global and growing, with offices in the UK, the Netherlands, Kenya, South Africa, Chile, Panama and Mexico; with representation in Germany, France and Spain.
Group Reporting Manager
Based to work within the London based Head Office.
Reporting to the Director of Group Finance, the Group Reporting Manager will work with senior members of the finance team to ensure delivery of timely group reporting on a monthly an annual basis, and timely annual reporting for all international operating companies and / or project SPV's.
As of January 2018, the Group international operating companies include the Netherlands, Belgium, Panama, Chile, Mexico, South Africa and Kenya and the Group international SPV's are in Europe and Latin America. Further expansion in Europe, Latin America and Africa is envisaged as part of the current 5-year business plan.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- The preparation of consolidated statutory accounts for the Group, ensuring timely audit sign off.
- The preparation of statutory accounts for individual UK companies, ensuring timely audit sign off.
- Managing the preparation and sign-off of statutory accounts for overseas subsidiaries, working with the relevant members of the finance team and local advisors
- Ensuring the Group is compliant with current accounting developments and ensure senior finance management understand the impact of these changes on the business.
- Providing guidance to the Group on complex accounting issues.
- Driving improvement in all statutory reporting activities across the Group.
- Responsible for various, local, audit controls including Intercompany reconciliations, inter-company transfers.
- Coordinate compilation of tax pack information.
- Ad-hoc projects as the Group grows organically.
- The production of the monthly Group consolidated financial results and the publication of the monthly data to the Board of Directors and others.
- Supporting the Budget and Forecast processes
Key Relationships and ContactsInternal, both central and local
- Finance team
- Group auditors
- Outsourced local providers / professional advisors
Qualifications and experience:
- ACA Qualified and experience of working with a multinational business
- IFRS and Group consolidation experience required
- Experience of accounting in an international business
- Strong communication skills
- Experience within a construction and/or development environment desirable
- Attention to detail and the desire to develop and improve systems and processes
- Flexible, proactive and self-motivated with excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to negotiate and build relationships across the wider business
- Team player, ability to work independently, under pressure and to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Shows adaptability, deal constructively with pressure and prioritising tasks in the right order
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.